The Power of Persistence
Sir Winston Churchill is given credit for the quote “Never, never, never give up”. In more recent history the late Jim Valvano, basketball coach at NC State is well remembered for his presentation during his final days on this earth. A video of this presentation is below:
I always enjoy watching this video because it rekindles some very important things we all need to remember:
- Regardless of our circumstances, we still have a way to give back and make a difference
- Our current situation or circumstances may be limiting, but our beliefs and our soul can never be touched or held back by worldly circumstances
- Perseverance is the key to success
- Winners never quit; Quitters never win
It seems at times that we live in a society where people cannot get things done without continual coddling or support. Working together is important, but the motivation to succeed and move ahead it typically an internal motivation. We can all support and encourage one another, but at the end of the day, the effort it takes to be successful comes from within and from above.
Think about these three things as you finish reading this post:
- What have I done today to make a difference in my own life?
- What have/will I do today to make a difference in someone else’s life?
- If I cannot list anything for the two items prior to this, what will I do differently tomorrow to make #1 and #2 happen.
Some of you will find this to be helpful, but others will just not get it.
My hope for all of you is that you will find a direction, a vision, head in that direction, and never give up.